As a longtime massage therapist, I am always searching for new relaxing, beautiful music to add to my playlist because as you could imagine.. I hear the same things over and over again. Over the years I have noticed that I’ve gotten much more picky about which songs or albums to buy. My standards have become this – the tracks can’t be too busy or have any fast build ups, have any vocals in English, or be to cheezy like ‘new age music’ can be. I tend toward world music artists that have a spiritual feel. Here are my top 5 albums for relaxation, yoga, meditation, reading or even to get inspired. All are available on itunes!
1) Night Book – Ludovico Einuaudi
2) The Spirit of Yoga – Ben Leinbach
3) Shamanic Dream 2 – Anugama
4) Music for Yoga and Other Joys – Ben Leinbach & Jai Uttal
5) Voice of the Esraj – Benjy Wertheimer